RAAC’s Mitchell Arts Fund seeks to encourage, and sustain the arts in Rappahannock County with the goal of enhancing the quality of our community life.
The Fund was established with a generous bequest from the estate of Claudia Mitchell, RAAC’s president for many years and a dedicated supporter of the arts and community. Over the past 8 years, the Fund has grown 20 fold with net proceeds from RAAC’s Fall Annual Art Tour and designated gifts from individuals.
Since 2012 the Fund has awarded $300,000 to 68 different artists and organizations in the community.
Apply for a Grant
RAAC awards grants in the visual arts, music, writing, theater, dance, film/video, and projects combining multiple media.
We provide grants to emerging and established artists of all ages, arts organizations, arts programs within community-based organizations, collaborative projects, and especially to programs with a community focus.
Recent grants include arts programs in Rappahannock schools; community performances; artists’ residencies, workshops, and continuing education; music and video productions; and dance scholarships.
- 2021 Guidelines and Application available here.
- Grant History, here.
- Mitchell Arts Fund Committee, here.
- Inquiries and questions, send email to email@example.com
Contribute to the Mitchell Arts Fund
Please join us in supporting the arts in Rappahannock by contributing to the Fund. Grants are funded by net income from RAAC programs, principally our Annual Fall Art Tour and by designated gifts.
- You can donate online using PayPal or credit card by clicking the “Donate Now” button to reach the “Donate to the Mitchell Arts Fund” online form.
- You can mail a check to RAAC, PO Box 24, Washington, VA 22747. Please make your check payable to RAAC and indicate that your gift is for the Mitchell Arts Fund.