Come visit Rappahannock County. Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains and bordering Shenandoah National Park, we enjoy incredible scenery––mountains, fields, forests and streams, Rappahannock is a mix of historic and organic farms, artisans, artists, vintners, and award-winning restaurants and inns. We’re equally well endowed with interesting, creative, and friendly people. Even if you already live here, learn more about Rappahannock by exploring the links below. If you’re planning a trip, these links will be especially useful.
Lodging & Restaurants
- Visitors Guide to Rappahannock. The county’s tourism site with links to eateries, lodging, places to visit, and special events.
- Bed and Breakfasts, Rappahannock County, Virginia
- B&B page on rappahannock.com
- Rappahannock County B&Bs, Farms, Restaurants, & Wineries, plus a “Green Pages” section listing local businesses.
- Rappahannock County–Where Creativity and the River Begin. A great link for planning a getaway to this pristine county in the Virginia Piedmont.
Entertainment & News
- The Theatre at Washington, Virginia. Home to some of the finest theatrical, musical, and film performances on the East Coast. Also host to RAAC’s 1st Friday at the Movies series.
- Castleton Festival. Performances throughout the year
- Rappahannock News. Calendar of local events, personal stories, and news.
Towns & County
- Rappahannock County, Virginia. The county’s official website.
- The Town of Washington, Virginia. The town’s official website.
- Sperryville, Virginia. Gateway to the Shenandoah National Park and a whole lot more. This beautiful little village has more charm than it knows what to do with.
- Amissville, Virginia. The eastern approach into Rappahannock County. Amissville.com will take you on a tour of many of the historic homes in Amissville