RAAC’s Mitchell Arts Fund seeks to enliven and sustain the arts in Rappahannock County with the goal of enhancing the quality of our community life.
The Fund was established with a generous bequest from the estate of Claudia Mitchell, RAAC’s president for many years and a dedicated supporter of the arts and community.
Since 2012 the Fund has awarded $160,000 to 50 artists and organizations in the community.
Apply for a Grant
RAAC award grants in the visual arts, music, literature, theater, dance, film/video, and projects combining multiple media.
We provide grants to emerging and established artists of all ages, arts organizations, arts programs within community-based organizations, collaborative projects, and especially to programs with a community focus.
Recent grants include arts programs in Rappahannock schools; community performances; artists’ residencies, workshops, and continuing education; music and video productions; and dance scholarships.
Attend a workshop
We encourage all potential 2018 applicants to attend our grant preparation workshop to better understand the Fund’s goals and requirements.
Workshop will be in December 2017, date and time TBA
- 2018 Grant Guidelines and Application forms, will be available on December 1, 2017
- Application deadline is March 15, 2018
- Grant History, click here.
- Claudia Mitchell Arts Fund Committee, click here.
- Inquiries and questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contribute to the Claudia Mitchell Arts Fund
Please join us in supporting the arts in Rappahannock by contributing to the Fund. Grants are funded through ongoing donations, fundraising events, and income generated by RAAC programs, including our annual Artists of Rappahannock Studio & Gallery Tour and Film Festival.
- You can donate online using PayPal or credit card by clicking the “Donate Now” button to reach the “Donate to the Mitchell Arts Fund” online form.
- You can mail a check to RAAC, PO Box 24, Washington, VA 22747. Please make your check payable to RAAC and indicate that your gift is for the Mitchell Arts Fund.