Artists of Rappahannock
Studio & Gallery Tour Committee
Co-chairs Nancy Raines & Robert H. Ballard
Contact by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The RAAC Artists of Rappahannock Studio & Gallery Tour began in 2004. With so many creative artists in the county, the idea was to develop a plan to showcase the artists and begin to establish Rappahannock County as an arts destination. From that first year RAAC and its volunteers have worked to build on each year’s success, bringing more people to the county each fall for a November weekend visiting studios and galleries to view works from over 55 local artists.
Duties & responsibilities
Publicize in local news outlets seeking artists interested in participating in the Tour. Publicize the Tour in print/electronic media in Greater Washington/Mid-Atlantic Area. Write stories for print publications.
- Review and revise applications to be sent to selected artists and galleries for the Tour; mail applications and follow-up to ensure applications are received timely along with resumes and digitals.
- Support the webmaster’s efforts in maintaining RAAC’s Tour website.
- Support revisions to the map/program as needed; driving directions must be confirmed to include on the map; other support as deemed necessary by the map designer.
- Provide revisions to posters/postcards, including design change.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the sponsor drive by developing a mailing list of prospective sponsors; writing a letter; planning the follow-ups; working with RAAC Board to implement program.
- Assist in planning the reception or artists and sponsors to include selections of food/drinks; help with the set-up and clean-up.
- Volunteer to be a docent or parking attendant at the Washington Fire Hall on Tour weekend.
- Organize the Sunday evening potluck event at the Fire Hall (after-Tour party).
- Provide administrative assistance by developing e-mail and mailing rosters of all artists on the tour, studio artists, gallery artists, sponsors, etc.
Links to Additional RAAC Committees